Dually is down,Fisher gets to play

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
Aloha fellow pirates, well yesterday my Dual became unusable:doh:.So off to Whites for service. So this morning i have set up my fisher 1280-X for use. It was short shafted for diving.Now .. shaft lenghtened...it's ready for swinging on the beach and in the surf.I never really have used it enough to say if i like it or not, but today will give it a chance to get an opinion from me. Off to the sea in a minute to give it a go. Later today when Bonny gets home from church we will go hunting together... her using the old PI pro... and me the 1280-X. BTW.... i found a large silver chain the other day.. 101 grams! Also yesterday a 6.3 yellow gold... found before Dual crapped out. Add fishing lead and a few clad to yesterdays haul too. O.K. time to remove my butt from this couch and give the 1280-X a spin.. will let you know how it went later today. Mikey:bthumb:

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
Bummer about your Dually crapping out on you.:icon_frow I really like mine but I think I will be swinging my Fisher CZ-21 today if I am up for a hunt.

Good Hunting to Both of Us,:arghh:

bbqcook

TQ Circle of Friends
Sure hope it works out for you Mikey. Sounds like you had a good hunt before the duel went out.
Get out there and find some more goodies.

HOWDY

good luck Mikey, i'm sure you will do well with the Fisher. just seeing your previous finds i say the hunting gods like you. i wouldn't be surprised if you went hunting with a carpenters stud finder and found gold. :grin::lol: best of luck to ya Mikey.:wavey:

r49miner

Don't laugh but when I first started to read the post I thought you were talking about your dualy (truck). DAH!:lol: I guess my mind is going fater than I thought. Sorry your going to be without it for a while, but knowing Whites they'll have back to you in no time.

HI Mikey

Hi mikey I am wishing I was back at my old home in the islands. COLD here in wisconsin. Hope your Detector gets fixed soon. :bthumb: I love the tip on the oring (different post)great idea! keep on posting the finds it gives me somthing to dream and wait for the summer time!
Aloha Joe
Attached a picture of some of the Hunting crew. Different kind of hunting.

Attachments

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
Hey, Mikey...Is it my imagination, or has that Dually given you several problems? Just curious...I don't know much about that model.
Yes it has had a few bumps..
Ear phones didn't work right when i first got it.
It's ears broke on the coil..twice!
Now the wire connection to the coil crapped out...
I sent it to Whites service today.. after speaking with Jay " service dept tech"
he assured me that they would, " replace the coil, check the head phones, and fix the wire connection"
As many of you know all of my previous dealings with The White's Service Dept, have been very very well taken care of! I am confident that this will again be the case. You all will be kept informed of how it goes.
Now with that said.... even after sending my little brother my Cobra... Bonny and I still have a detector each to use..My old Surf Pro PI, and the Fisher 1280-X...

I made a report on yesterdays use of the 1280-X...in the Fisher 1280-X Thread.
Nut shell.. works fine as long as it is either dry or completely underwater.. in waves..:doh: CRAP:doh:...so... there you go. Mikey:bthumb:

Digging Fool

Yes it has had a few bumps..
Ear phones didn't work right when i first got it.
It's ears broke on the coil..twice!
Now the wire connection to the coil crapped out...
I sent it to Whites service today.. after speaking with Jay " service dept tech"
he assured me that they would, " replace the coil, check the head phones, and fix the wire connection"
As many of you know all of my previous dealings with The White's Service Dept, have been very very well taken care of! I am confident that this will again be the case. You all will be kept informed of how it goes.
Now with that said.... even after sending my little brother my Cobra... Bonny and I still have a detector each to use..My old Surf Pro PI, and the Fisher 1280-X...

I made a report on yesterdays use of the 1280-X...in the Fisher 1280-X Thread.
Nut shell.. works fine as long as it is either dry or completely underwater.. in waves..:doh: CRAP:doh:...so... there you go. Mikey:bthumb:
Cool....I'm glad that y'all each have a machine to use.