What is a good price??

westgateblvd

Hi. I am selling my Garrett Ace 250. I want to go back with a White's. I see a deal for a XLT on ebay. I was trying to figure out how old it is.. I see the newer ones come with a DVD.. This one comes with a VHS tape. Any idead how old it may be, and what would be a good price for it?? Thanks.. Al

Ric-san

Id say that 75-80% of the original value is a good starting point...imho. Are you only looking for a XLT...??? Or have you also considered others...

Re-read the post..I thought you were asking how much the Ace would be worth, not the XLT... I sold mine here last year for around $400'ish no dvd or vhs, but if I recall it was the newer E-series...
Rick

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
If the machine comes with a VHS tape instead of a DVD, it'e easy to expect that the machine is more than 10 years old...even if it is in excellent working condition - I wouldn't expect to pay more than $250 for it...

westgateblvd

Id say that 75-80% of the original value is a good starting point...imho. Are you only looking for a XLT...??? Or have you also considered others...

Rick
Well I have had the classic id before, and the prizm IV. I think I liked the id the best. The prizm was to many bells and whistles for me. I want a Whites again because of the silent search feature.. The Garrett Ace 250 is a real good machine, but I can't hear tone differences any more, and the guy beeps on everything. For years I wanted a Quantum, but to find one of those is like finding theeth in chickens.

Ric-san

Just checkin' I have a MXT I need to sell, but the one feature I wish it had was as you mentioned 'silent search'. It has been replaced with a MXT Pro...again no silent search but I live with it as its a great machine...

Rick

westgateblvd

I really miss that silent search. Blips I could just ignore. Beeps you would dig at. On. The Ace.. It is all beeps. The classic id had silent search. The quantum also has it, along wit a depth meter. The xlt has silent search and a lot of programs. Just point and click. The computer does the rest.

teamroper

Just bought two Spectrum XLT's. One came with a hard case, extra 5.3 Max loop, and extra battery for $300. Bought the second one with two battery packs, instruction manual, headphones and DVD's for $300.

I'm not expert, but I thought they were both good buys. They both perform flawlessly. Hope this helps.

HOWDY

my current XLT is an E series that i bought late last summer. excellent condition and i paid 350.00 for it. thought that was pretty good since i see them on ebay going for 400.00 - 600.00 still.