Pull tabs pull tabs pull tabs

How and why are there so many? Do cans divorce their pull tabs when they're empty? Do they not clean or work? Are they lazy? They're EVERYWHERE.

So. . . Why are so many cans missing their pull tabs? There must be some kind of secret pull tab gnome that spreads them around at night.

sandtrout

I think it's the gold rings in the ground...

Seems like pull tabs are attracted to gold rings and that the rings are surrounded by 200 - 400 pull tabs that read the same on the detector. Most of my gold rings read in at "pull tab". All of my rings have been a complete surprise!

GoGoGopher

If...

an object can be removed from an item, you can bet your seet bippy the urge to do so is overwhelming, and the said object WILL be removed and then discarded...

HH,

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
They breed in the dark of night. And like the clams in B.C. comics....they got legs! LOL. Mikey :bthumb:

I know how you feel. I just keep thinking about how often people litter. I mean really! How hard is it to just throw something away?!

Hang in there, you'll eventually find gold if you keep digging those pull-tab signals!

Sadly, the beverage industry changed from "beaver tails" to tabs to prevent the littering issue... Unfortunately, some people have to do something with their hands and what's more fun than pulling a tab and tossing it down...

draaiorgel

I really don't mind diggin' pulltabs in the sand, :duel:
it's the bottle caps that get up my nose. :doh::doh:

Every pulltab is a possible gold ring, :multi::multi::multi::multi:
an' I ain't missin' any gold ring for a pulltab. :bthumb::bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:

I really don't mind diggin' pulltabs in the sand, :duel:
it's the bottle caps that get up my nose. :doh::doh:

Every pulltab is a possible gold ring, :multi::multi::multi::multi:
an' I ain't missin' any gold ring for a pulltab. :bthumb::bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:

I wouldn't mind diggin' em up in the sand. It's trying to pull them out of the ground that's a pain!

Yep, they are a real pain, but if you think about it, they keep the gold in the ground for the people who are willing to work for it. If most gold rang up as something different, that a detector could identify as gold right away, everyone would own a detector and there wouldn't be as many left for us die-hards!
HH
Darren

I heard a rumor about parks baiting the ground with metal to discourage MD'ers from practicing our hobby in their parks.

That makes sense in some of the parks I hunt. Pull tabs every few inches in places...

Sadly, the beverage industry changed from "beaver tails" to tabs to prevent the littering issue... Unfortunately, some people have to do something with their hands and what's more fun than pulling a tab and tossing it down...
Guilty as charged!!! the opening of the can is restricted with the pull tab in the way.
When I started MDing I would put the tab back in the can and crush it when I was done.
If the soft drink company would follow some of the beer makers and WIDEN THE CANS MOUTH!! pull tabs would remain on the cans:laugh:

Jason in Enid

I heard a rumor about parks baiting the ground with metal to discourage MD'ers from practicing our hobby in their parks.

That makes sense in some of the parks I hunt. Pull tabs every few inches in places...
Trust me, there are more than enough littering slobs to take care of that. No need for the park personel to spend the time.

I spent the last weekend detecting a lake beach. I am still amazed that after the thousands of tabs and pull-rings I have dug from there, that there are still so many to find! Probably half my trash finds are the old style beaver tail tabs.